Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Bail Away


Song of The Bailing Man
Harry had a notion to bail out the ocean,
so under the clouds he did stand with his bucket in his hand.
And above the wash of the waves,
he floated a confident voice that did boast, cajole & rejoice,
I can get this done!
I can get this done!
In the light of the big blue sun,
I'm the one who will get this done.

He set up the motion needed to bail out the ocean.
Harry had a notion to bail out the ocean.
But with his toes he could feel the relinquishing sand,
with his hand he could feel the diminishing land,
and in the course of time the realization settled in his mind,
I cannot bail out the ocean.
I cannot empty the sea.
This work only lends itself the airs of nobility.

And he let go of the bucket.
And he regretted the voice that had floated, cajoled & rejoiced.
Harry burst the bubble.

David Thomas


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog via a comment at http://buttonwood1792.blogspot.com/2007/08/citi-research-discusses-dow-crash.html Your entries and pictures are hilarious. Thanks for that.

Fatso.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home